February 26, 2011

Frosted Banana Cookies

Another great recipe I grew up with.  The original recipe called for Oleo - another name for butter.  I can remember eating these many times. Today, it is raining and cold (for California standards) so I decided to use up some of my bananas.  My family prefers them without the pecans but for this presentation I added them.    Perfect for a day like today.  The questions is.......How long will they last?  Because you can't eat just one.




Cookie:
3/4 cup Butter
1 egg
2 medium bananas mashed
1 tsp. baking soda
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/4 tsp. salt
2 cups flour
Mix all together.  Drop by spoon fulls onto parchment paper lined cookie sheet.  Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.

Icing:
6 tbls. brown sugar
4 tbls. milk
4 tbls. butter
Bring to boil.  Boil until sugar dissolves.  Remove from heat and add enough powder sugar to spread.  Can add a pecan half to each cookie.


No comments: