February 27, 2011

Coconut Rice

My next door neighbor Alisa gave this recipe to me several years ago.  I couldn't stop eating it for awhile.  I would make it a lot.  I almost forgot about it, until I came across it again and my mouth started watering at the thought of this delicious rice. So good.

1 onion chopped
1 cup uncooked rice (slow cook)
1 can Unsweetened Coconut Milk
1 can chicken broth

Saute onion in butter.  Add rice, coconut milk, chicken broth, and salt to season.  Cover and bring to a boil.  Stir once in a while until juice has been absorbed into rice.  (watch closely)

Slivered Almonds
sliced limes
hot Caribbean sauce

When ready to serve, sprinkle with slivered almonds.  Give each person a lime slice to squeeze over individual helping of rice.  Top with Hot Caribbean sauce such as Tabasco or a more mild sauce such as Trappey's Louisiana sauce.  This is a must.  Go mild or hot, but it is the only way to eat it.

No comments: