February 20, 2011

Raspberry Fluff

Serve this dessert in shot glass, milk glass, or something else pretty.


I don't know about you, but there are foods I loved as a child and can still remember exactly what was happening when I ate them.  This recipe is one like that.  It actually has a strange combination of ingredients, but I loved eating this.  A few years back, when visiting my mom, my sister and I found this recipe and I snatched it up.  If you like raspberries, you might really enjoy this light, fluffy dessert.

2 - 10 oz. frozen raspberries
1 pint whipping cream
1 bag of miniature marshmallows

Let raspberries thaw.  Add a little sugar if they are really tart.  Add marshmallows.  Let stand in frig 8 - 12 hours.  Mix with spoon several times while in the frig.

Whip the whipping cream until fluffy.

Fold raspberry mixture into whipped cream and serve on Angel Food Cake.

I think the best way to eat this dessert, is to tear cake into pieces, and put in pretty shot glass, cup or dish.  Add raspberry fluff, cake, raspberry fluff, and top with whip cream.  It works best if you have a sample size like you get in restaurants when they bring you a platter with small bite size desserts in little cups.  It just doesn't look as pretty on a plate.

No comments: