March 31, 2011

Buttermilk Cornbread

This is a basic, moist cornbread recipe.  It's easy to make because I  use the skillet that I melt the butter in and use a whisk to mix it all together.  This is so good with honey butter or my favorite - along with a bowl of chili.


1/2 cup butter
2/3 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 cup cornmeal
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp. salt

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Grease an 8 inch square pan.

Melt butter in large skillet.  Remove from heat and stir in sugar.  Quickly add eggs and beat until well blended.  Combine buttermilk with baking soda and stir into mixture in pan.  Stir in cornmeal, flour, and salt until well blended and few lumps remain.  Pour batter into the prepared pan.

Bake in the preheated oven for 30-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

Print Recipe



2 comments:

LBB said...

This looks so good! I'm loving your easy recipes!

PAINTORDIG.blogspot.com said...

I will try this. I admit I don't make good cornbread, I use a Jiffy mix.