March 22, 2011

Friends



I was featured at:




I have known Alida since 7th grade where we met in Junior High (or middle school as they call it now).  We went to Brooks Junior High, in Kansas. She married her high school sweetheart Tom (at least they knew each other in High School, not sure when they became sweethearts) who I also was good friends with.  She has the most amazing singing voice and Tom is a very funny, funny guy.

They currently live in Belize doing missionary work and helping the people of Belize in so many ways.  Prior to this they lived in Russia for several years, and prior to that they lived in California for awhile.  On my 40th birthday, my husband gave me a surprise party with about 100 friends and family at our house.  Low and behold Alida showed up at my door.  We hadn't seen each other in several years.

I admire her and Tom so much.  They sacrifice many comforts of home, for their love of the Lord and do his work where ever they are asked to teach.  I appreciate her following my little blog and sharing my recipes and ideas with her followers. 

A friend is one of the nicest things you can have, and one of the best things you can be.  ~Douglas Pagels

She has kept a blog for years and I love following her life experiences and her beautiful photography.  When they moved from Russia to Belize several months ago, they have not had their personal belongings sent to them yet.  Years of memories, heirlooms, and personal belongings have been lost.  Please keep them in your hearts that they will have their furniture and personal belongings returned to them soon.  My heart breaks at the thought of these very personal heirlooms and valuables lost or stolen. 




2 comments:

Donnie said...

I am always so thankful for our missionaries and their families. I hope and pray they will receive their things soon and also be held safe in His hands,

Unknown said...

Hey so good to find another Christian blogger with great recipes! Hope you'll come visit me, too.
http://hisperfectpromises.blogspot.com/