March 28, 2011

Monday Morning Madness



It's monday morning and as I was taking the trash out, I found a flyer on my door.  It had a little Housework Humor on it, and since my teenagers will be home for the next two weeks on Spring Break, this totally applies for me.  My house is harder to keep clean with teenagers then it was when they were younger.  Here is a little Monday humor.


  • Cleaning your house while your kids are growing is like shoveling the walk before it stops snowing. - Phyllis Diller
  • Cleanliness is not next to godliness.  It isn't even in the same neighborhood.  No one has ever gotten a religious experience out of removing burned-on cheese from the grill of the toaster oven. - Erma Bombeck
  • My idea of housework is to sweep the room with a glance. - Anonymous
  • Always keep several get well cards on the mantle, so if unexpected guests arrive, they'll think you've been sick and unable to clean. - Maxine
My favorites:
  • Dust is a protective cover. - Anonymous
  • Housework is something you do that nobody notices until you don't do it. - Evan Esar

When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened to us. - Helen Keller

Today I will be happy my children are home with me and we can spend time together, no matter how messy the house gets.

1 comment:

LBB said...

Oh I know what you mean!! My girls just went back today & guess what I'll be doing for the next couple hours? Yep, cleaning up :)