April 26, 2011

Kitchen Art

Since I painted my family room a few months ago, it has started the domino effect.  I painted the downstairs bathroom, and kitchen.  I need to do the laundry room and them we start in the living room and that takes us to the upstairs.  Anyway, I'm getting rid of the golds, reds, greens, and going with gray, silver, white and blue. 

This picture use to fit in nicely with our home decor.  But not any more.  What can I do with this?  It has a great frame and the size is perfect.



I decided to try chalk paint.  It is the new craze and I had not used it before.  So I got some black and put on several coats and covered the entire picture.  My handwriting is terrible and I didn't have any chalk to write something, so I went to my Cricut and printed out words that I won't have to erase.  This hangs in the corner of the kitchen close to the table area.

When ever we have company, family gatherings, etc.,  everyone always gathers in the kitchen.  Sometimes we encourage guests to go to a more comfortable seat in the family room, living room, or out on the patio.  They always end up back in the kitchen.

This quote is perfect for our family and fits in the kitchen perfectly.  I know the words aren't perfectly spaced and even, but that's exactly how I want it. 




 




4 comments:

d e l i g h t said...

Your new color scheme will be so "chic" and sophisticated!
Linda

Reunion Committee said...

This is so cool! I love the wording!
Thanks for the follow .. :)
Right back at yah!
Tana

Jill said...

The update is perfect for your new colors! Every time I see what one of those little machines can do, I drool over the crisp letters. One day...

Rettabug said...

Waaaa...I want a Cricut, too!! You did a GREAT job repurposing this, Lanell. It looks great & makes a wonderful statement, too. BRAVO!