May 17, 2011

Corn on the Cobb with Lime Chive Butter

Two of my favorite things to eat that just scream summer are Strawberries and Corn on the Cobb.  I love both of them.

When I moved to California years ago, I discovered the ultimate way to eat corn on the cob.  This might gross some of you out, it did me at first, until I finally tried it and found out how delicious it is.  Ready?????

Every summer families from church would have a big bon fire during the summer at the beach.  Everyone brings stock pots for corn on the cobb.  You take your pot and go out to the ocean and fill it will salty, ocean water.  Bring it back to the fire and get it boiling.  Husk your corn and remove all the little strings, then put the husk back around it.  Place as many as you can get into the boiling sandy ocean water.  When the corn is done, it is flavored perfectly, and all the sand stays in the bottom of the pot and you don't get one bit on your corn.  IT IS DELICIOUS!  It took me a couple years to try it, because believe me, I know what goes on in the ocean, but once I tried it I was hooked.  Maybe it's just the atmosphere that makes this corn taste so good.  It is juicey, salty, and if you put a little butter on it....pure heaven.

My recipe for today is made with grilled or even boiled on the stove corn.  After it is cooked, lather it in this lime chive butter, or you can cut it off the ear and mix the butter in the bowl.   Either way, this is a delicious way to eat corn.






Lime Chive Butter -
1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1/3 cup finely chopped fresh chives
2 tsp. fresh lime juice
1 tsp. finely grated lime peel
1/2 tsp. fine sea salt
1/4 tsp. sweet paprika
Pinch of cayenne pepper

Mix first 7 ingredients in medium bowl.  Cover and chill.  Bring to room temp before using.

I mixed my butter - then wrapped it in wax paper and shaped it into a stick of butter again.  I kept it in the refrigerator for about 4 days until I finally bought the corn.  It was delicious.






3 comments:

Allison Nicole said...

sounds yummy! will def. be trying this this summer!

LBB said...

So great for all the up coming cook outs!!

Ali said...

That looks awesome! Perfect for summer.