May 25, 2011

Number Tags

I love tags.  They are popular and there are so many creative ways to make them.  I have seen jar lids, buttons, soda caps, burlap tags....so many cute ones.  So this is not a new idea, just another surface to display a number.



These are 4 inch coasters for potted plants that I found at Walmart for .99 cents each.  I liked the cork board texture and thought these would make a cute number tag.

I got out my distressed ink pad and aged them up a bit.



Then I used my Cricut to make my 3 1/2 inch number and used that as my template.  I took some turquoise paint and painted on the number.  Then I found an earring that I have lost the match to and stuck it right in the cork.




I used a picture hook and poked it into the cork and added a drop of E6000 just to hold it securely in the cork and added a chain.  Voila!  A simple number tag.








One thing I have learned about taking pictures is that you should never shoot directly into a window.  This corner of the room has side by side windows.  When I closed the blinds, it was too dark.  When I opened them a tad, it was too bright.  Sorry for the exposure on this picture.  I'm still learning and practicing with photography and this was the best out of all of them.


3 comments:

LBB said...

What a clever idea! I might have to copy that :)

Kaylee said...

so cute! and easy...I love them and also yhe big antique clock you put on your table :)

Jill @ JunkyVagabond said...

Looks like you're loving the Cricut - I might have to spend the money...or get better at painting :)

Love the cork idea - very crafty! I'm always collecting broken jewelry and this is a beautiful way to reuse it!